The Site is offered in the USA only, is directed at US residents only and is governed by laws in the United States only. By accessing or using this Site, you agree without restriction to be bound by the most recent version of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to follow and be bound by this Privacy Statement, you may not access or use this Site or share your personal data with C. R. Bard, Inc. directly or through a C. R. Bard, Inc. partner. By visiting the Site and sharing your personal data, you agree that we may use your personal data as described in this Privacy Statement.
Privacy Statement Introduction
C. R. Bard, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD). BD is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. In doing so, we collect, process and use information. We collect and use information from customers, healthcare professionals, patients, business partners and other external parties with whom we interact. C. R. Bard, Inc (C. R. Bard) and BD take data privacy seriously and we believe that carrying out our business activities in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws is fundamental to our business success. This external privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes our practices in connection with information that we or our service providers collect through our (or their) websites, applications, and other sources (such as C. R. Bard partner websites and/or applications) as part of C. R. Bard Services. Additional terms may apply when you access specific services in some areas of this websiteor when you click on links that navigate away from this website. By using the C. R. Bard Services that are in scope for this Privacy Statement, you are agreeing to the terms of C. R. Bard’s most recent version of this Privacy Statement.
Note About Children
"Aggregated Data" means customer demographics, interests and behavior based on Personal Data and other information provided to us, which is compiled and analyzed on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
"Personal Data" means all information which are related to an identified or identifiable individual, including, by way of example, the individual's name and e-mail address, and User Data.
"User Data" means information we automatically collect from you in connection with your use of our Site such as information about the type of device you are using, as well as your unique mobile device ID, internet protocol (IP) address or online identifiers, which are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet.
What Information Do We Collect
Information That You Give Us: We collect Personal Data such as your name, title, date of birth, company name, work contact information, e-mail or mailing address from you when you voluntarily choose to register for or use certain C. R. Bard Services. We use the Personal Data that we collect in an effort to provide you with a superior customer experience on the Site and to improve and market C. R. Bard Services or to comply with legal obligations, including mandatory reporting obligations to public health authorities if applicable.
We may combine your information with data gathered from other sources. For instance, if incorrect postal codes are received, we may use third party software to correct them. We also may collect e-mail or other addresses from prospect lists of other companies, for example, in connection with a joint marketing effort. When we do so, (1) we expect those third party companies to have obtained all e-mail and other addresses in accordance with applicable law; and (2) we provide a means for recipients of C. R. Bard communications to opt-out of further communications from us. In addition, we may ask you for Personal Data if you enter an educational program, contest or promotion sponsored by C. R. Bard. When you contact C. R. Bard we may keep a record of that correspondence and may occasionally ask you to complete surveys for sales and research purposes.
Information That We Get from the Following Other Sources
- Publicly available sources
- Customers, including healthcare providers and insurance providers
- C. R. Bard partners
Device and Other Information: When you interact with C. R. Bard through this Site , we may receive and store certain "User Data." That User Data is collected passively using various technologies, C. R. Bard may store that User Data itself or it may be stored in databases owned and maintained by C. R. Bard's affiliates, agents or service providers.
This Site will use de-identified User Data together with data provided by other parties and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, the keywords visitors used to find our Site and the domain names of our visitors' Internet service providers. We also may disclose de-identified User Data in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes. It is important to note that no Personal Data is available or used in this process.
Aggregated Data: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve our users, C. R. Bard often conducts research on Aggregated Data. C. R. Bard may share this Aggregated Data with government agencies, its affiliates, agents and business partners. This aggregated information does not identify you personally. C. R. Bard also may disclose Aggregated Data in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
Cookies: In operating this Site, we may use a technology called "cookies." A cookie is a piece of information that the computer that hosts our Site gives to your computer (actually to your browser) when you access our Site. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the Site and allow us to analyze Site usage more accurately. For instance, our Site may set a cookie on your browser that eliminates any need for you to remember and then enter a password more than once during a visit to the Site. On most web browsers, you will find a "help" section on the toolbar. Please refer to that help section for information on how to receive notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how you may turn cookies off. We recommend that you leave cookies turned on because they allow you to take advantage of some of the Site's features.
Besides Google Analytics, we may use a number of technologies offered by different providers to support website analytics and user tracking.
We may also use web beacons on the Site, in our emails and in our advertisements. Web beacons are tiny graphic images that are used to collect information about your visit to the Site, such as the pages you view and the features you use, as well as information about whether you open and/or act upon one of our emails and ads. Web beacons help us analyze our Site visitors' behavior and measure the effectiveness of the Site. We may work with service providers that help us track, collect and analyze this information.
We may use third-party advertising companies that use tracking technologies to serve our advertisements across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to the Site and other websites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications. These advertising companies serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated sites, and some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information collected about your visits to the Site and elsewhere over time. Other companies may also use such technology to advertise on our Site.
You have the choice to tell us not to collect and use this information. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices concerning interest-based ads, visit:
What are Your Choices
Besides the data that we automatically collect when you visit our Site, you can use this Site without providing your Personal Data, although doing so may limit your ability to obtain certain information or to use other valuable C. R. Bard Services, including, for example, informational newsletters and responses to specific inquiries you may have. Where no Personal Data is legally required or is necessary for a particular service (for example, to contact you in response to your request), the use of a pseudonym is accepted.
We keep your Personal Data only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal reporting or document retention requirements and, in any case, no longer than 10 (ten) years. Personal Data that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made de-identified. We will take reasonable steps to update, correct or, upon your request, delete your Personal Data in our possession that you have previously submitted via this Site. In order to request an update, with respect to your Personal Data, please contact us as provided below. If at any time you wish not to receive further communications, you may also follow the unsubscribe procedure included in our communication.
Access & Deletion
Depending on the State you reside, applicable law may entitle you to additional consumer rights, including the right (with certain limitations and exceptions) to:
- Know the categories and/or specific pieces of Personal Data collected about you, including whether your Personal Data is sold or disclosed, and with whom your Personal Data was shared
- Access a copy of the Personal Data we retain about you
- Request deletion of your Personal Data
To guard against fraudulent requests for access and deletion, C. R. Bard will require information that it determines is sufficient to allow it to confirm the identity of the person making the request before granting access or making corrections. C. R. Bard will endeavor to provide the information in question within a reasonable time and may charge an appropriate cost (e.g., photocopying, mail charges) to the individual making the request, where permissible under applicable law. C. R. Bard reserves the right not to change any Personal Data but will append alternative text the individual concerned believes is appropriate.
In addition, in certain circumstances, C. R. Bard may decline to provide access to Personal Data, including where C. R. Bard determines that the information requested:
- (a) May disclose:
- a. The Personal Data of another individual or of a deceased individual; or
- b. Trade secrets or other business confidential information;
- (b) Is subject to attorney-client or litigation privilege or a professional privilege or obligation;
- (c) Is not readily retrievable and the burden or cost of providing would be disproportionate to the nature or value of the information;
- (d) Does not exist, is not held, or cannot be found by C. R. Bard;
- (e) Could reasonably result in serious harm to the treatment or recovery of the individual concerned, serious emotional harm to the individual or another individual, or serious bodily harm to another individual; or
- (f) May harm or interfere with law enforcement activities or other investigative or regulatory functions of a body authorized by statute to perform such functions.
C. R. Bard will not respond to repetitious or vexatious requests for access. In determining whether a request is repetitious or vexatious, we will consider such factors such as the frequency with which information is updated, the purpose for which the information is used, and the nature of the information.
Right to Lodge Complaints
We are transparent about the ways in which we collect and use Personal Data, and welcome your questions and concerns. If you have any concern or complaint about the way we handle your Personal Data, please contact us as described below. To the extent you believe we have not addressed your concerns or otherwise choose to do so, you have the right to lodge a complaint with an authority in the State country where you reside or the US Federal Trade Commission regarding your concerns. For more information, please see https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data and Other Information
C. R. Bard uses the Personal Data you provide for our business purposes in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Statement.
- If you provide Personal Data for a certain reason, that Personal Data will be available to us for use in connection with the reason for which it was provided or for a consistent purpose, including, if applicable, processing an order placed by you or informing you that the product is no longer available. For instance, if you contact us by e-mail, we may use the Personal Data you provide to respond to you; or if you contact us about a job listing, the information you provide to us may be used to consider you for the position. We may also combine Personal Data that you have provided to us with information obtained by us from other parties.
- C. R. Bard and its affiliates may use your Personal Data and other information collected through your use of the Services, for collection, review and analysis necessary to meet its reporting obligations, such as mandatory reporting obligations to public health authorities, if applicable.
- C. R. Bard and its affiliates also may use your Personal Data, User Data and other information collected through the Site to help us improve the content and functionality of the Site, to better understand our customers and markets, to improve our products and services and to effect and facilitate sales.
- C. R. Bard and its affiliates may use this information to contact you, electronically, through telemarketing or otherwise, in the future to tell you about, and to offer for sale, products or services we believe will be of interest to you. If we do so, each communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to "opt out" of receiving future communications.
- In some instances, we contract with outside parties to collect and maintain our information collection servers and to perform technology and related services. We seek to provide any such third parties with only the information they need to perform their specific function and we require them to protect your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
If at any time you wish not to receive any future communications or to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, you may follow the "unsubscribe" procedure included with our communication. In addition, you may e-mail us at email@example.com. See How to Contact C. R. Bard below.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. At the present time, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has not yet established universal standards for recognizable DNT signals and therefore, the Site does not recognize DNT.
Do We Share the Information that We Receive?
C. R. Bard considers your information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. C. R. Bard will share information including Personal Data with its subsidiaries and affiliates that have also agreed to be bound by this Privacy Statement. In addition, C. R. Bard, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies or service providers to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we retain another non-affiliated company to perform a function of this nature, we seek to provide them with only the information that they need to perform their specific functions, and we require them to protect your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement and C. R. Bard's other contractual or legal restrictions.
There are also a limited number of circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data and other information in our possession with certain additional third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below.
C. R. Bard may disclose your Personal Data, User Data and other information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a legal obligation, (b) protect and defend the rights or property of BD or its affiliates, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, or (d) protect against legal liability. Please note that compliance with a legal obligation is not limited to compliance with court orders or other legal processes specifically related to this Privacy Statement. BD may also disclose Personal Data, including health-related data, to meet its obligations under FDA and other governmental agency regulations and state and federal laws where applicable.
Business Transfers, Combinations and Related Activities
As we develop our business, we might sell, buy, restructure or reorganize businesses or assets. In the event of any sale, merger, reorganization, restructuring, dissolution or similar event involving our business or assets, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
C. R. Bard is a wholly owned subsidiary of BD. BD is the parent company of a large international group of companies. In light of this fact, we may, from time to time transfer your Personal Data to one of our databases in another country.
Public and Unsolicited Information
The protections set out in this Privacy Statement do not apply to Public Information you provide to C. R. Bard through this Site or through any other means. If you include Personal Data in Public Information, we will use that Personal Data only as provided here, but we caution you that, because such information (including your Personal Data) was made available in a forum accessible by the public, the use and disclosure of information by others accessing the Site is not monitored or controlled in any way by C. R. Bard - nor are their activities governed by this Privacy Statement.
Please note that, as set forth above, this Privacy Statement does not apply to the providing or use of certain Personal Data other than through the Site or in connection with C. R. Bard Services that reference the Privacy Statement on this Site. It does not apply to the use of Personal Data of past or present employees of, or consultants engaged by, Becton, Dickinson and Company and/or its subsidiaries, for employment or benefits administration purposes, both of which are governed by BD policies designed for those respective purposes.
Links to Other Websites
This Site and the C. R. Bard Services may frame or contain references or links to other BD websites as well as other websites and applications, such as BD Partner mobile applications, which are not operated or controlled by BD (the "Third Party Sites"). None of the Third Party Sites are governed by the policies and procedures we describe here. Links and references from this Site to Third Party Sites do not imply C. R. Bard's review or endorsement of the Third Party Sites. We suggest that you contact those sites directly for information on their privacy, security, data collection and distribution policies.
C. R. Bard takes reasonable steps to protect any Personal Data you provide to us and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Unless otherwise stated on the relevant page of the Site, C. R. Bard uses general security standards but has not taken additional action to secure data provided to its sites, and such transmissions are subject to normal Internet security risks. As noted, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this Site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us or to C. R. Bard partners. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to C. R. Bard or to any other party via the Internet. Moreover, when you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this Site, it is your responsibility to safeguard them.
Supplemental Privacy Notice to California Residents
If you reside in California and we receive or collect CA Personal Information about you in a manner that is not an exception that is excluded by applicable law, we are required to provide additional information to you about how we use and disclose your information, and you may have additional rights with regard to how we use your information. We have included this California-specific information below.
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA)
California Personal Data . Consistent with the "What Information Do We Collect?" section above, we collect certain categories and specific pieces of information about California consumers or households that are considered "Personal Data" in California ("CA Personal Data"). For example and specific to CA Personal Data, C. R. Bard may have collected the following categories of information about you:
- Personal Data under the California Customer Records statute – such as: signature, physical characteristics or description, telephone number, medical information, health insurance information
- Protected classifications under California or federal law – such as: sex, age, physical or mental disability
- Commercial information – such as: products or services obtained or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories
- Internet or other similar network activity – such as: information regarding a consumer’s interaction with a website or application
- CA Personal Data does NOT include information that is:
- Publicly available from government records
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) or the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data
- Collected in the context of C. R. Bard's business-to-business interactions
- Other personal or financial information that is covered under certain sector-specific privacy laws.
- In addition, California personnel are notified separately about the use and disclosure of their CA Personal Data.
Sources. We may collect certain categories of CA Personal Data from you and other third parties as described in the "What Information Do We Collect?" section above.
Purposes. Consistent with the "How Do We Use Your Personal Data and Other Information?" section above, we may share and/or disclose your CA Personal Data for business or commercial purposes, as follows:
- Sharing your CA Personal Data for business purposes: As described in the "Do We Share the Information that We Receive?" section above, in the past twelve months, we may have used or disclosed (shared) the following categories of your CA Personal Data with service providers, affiliates, third party partners, public or government authorities and future business partners for one or more of our operational or business purposes:
- To provide products and services to consumers
- To respond to consumer requests
- To improve and personalize the consumer experience on our Site
- For analytical purposes to improve or further develop products or services
- To monitor the safe and effective use of our products (or services)
- For any activity described to a consumer that engages with C. R. Bard digitally and provides Personal Data or as otherwise permitted under the CCPA
- To conduct troubleshooting, audits, or other quality control activities related to the Site or other micro-sites, products, or services
- To detect and protect against security incidents and potential deceptive, malicious, or fraudulent activity
- To maintain and repair any C. R. Bard Services
- As described above, examples of business purposes include business-related functions, internal operations, prevention of fraud and other harm, and legal or regulatory compliance.
- Sharing your CA Personal Data as a “sale” under California law: We do not sell the Personal Data of California consumers. If C. R. Bard determines that any activity that C. R. Bard is engaged in may constitute a "sale" under California law, C. R. Bard will modify this notice and add a Do Not Sell button to the Site. Note that none of the following types of disclosures constitute a “sale” under the CCPA:
- requests or direction from consumers to disclose their Personal Data
- instances where a consumer tells BD to interact with a third party that does not sell Personal Data of California consumers
- situations where C. R. Bard shares Personal Data pursuant to a written contract with a service provider that is necessary to perform a business purpose where that third party is limited to only using the Personal Data to perform under that contract
- cases where a consumer’s Personal Data is transferred as part of a transaction (merger or acquisition) under which the third party assumes full or partial control of one of our businesses.
California Consumer Rights. Subject to certain exceptions, as a California resident, you may have the following rights to your CA Personal Data: (i) Access. Request access to your CA Personal Data that we collect, use, disclose, or sell (if applicable); (ii) Deletion. Request deletion of your CA Personal Data, although C. R. Bard may deny the request for a number of reasons authorized under California or other applicable law; and (iii) CA Personal Data Sold or Disclosed for Business Purposes. Request information about the CA Personal Data we have "sold" (as defined under CCPA) or disclosed for business purposes within the preceding 12 months. As noted above, C. R. Bard does not sell consumers’ Personal Data. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may be required to retain some of your CA Personal Data and certain CA Personal Data is strictly necessary in order for us to fulfil the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
Exercising California consumer rights. If you are a California resident and wish to exercise any of these rights, you may submit a verifiable request to us as follows: (a) contact us via e-mail: CCPA@bd.com as described in the “How to Contact C. R. Bard” section below with the specific nature of your request, referencing “Your California Privacy Rights”; or (b) call the following toll-free number: (800) 490-2177. We are not responsible for requests that are not labelled or sent properly, or do not have complete information. We will verify your identity prior to providing any information in response to a consumer rights request. Please note that you are limited by law in the number of requests you may submit per year. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf (Authorized Agent), may attempt to make a consumer request for you. We cannot respond to a request if we are unable to verify your identity or confirm your Authorized Agent. Follow these steps if you wish to submit a request to exercise your rights under California law:
- Give us enough information to reasonably verify you are a California resident and entitled to rights under California law;
- Describe your request with enough detail to allow us to understand and respond to your request; and
- Tell us how you prefer to receive a written response – by USPS mail or e-mail. Note that if you do not specify your preference, BD will respond to a verified request by e-mail.
We will not discriminate against you by offering you different pricing or products, or by providing you with a different level or quality of products, based solely upon you exercising your rights to your CA Personal Data. Finally, making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with BD.
Right to Removal of Posted Information—California Minors
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have provided us with information, you have the right to request removal of unwanted information that you publicly post on the Site. To request removal of such information, you can contact us as provided below. Upon receiving such a request, we will make sure that the information is not publicly available on the Site, but the information may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems and databases.
How to Contact C. R. Bard
Please also feel free to contact us if you have any questions about C. R. Bard's Privacy Statement or the information practices of this Site.
You may contact us as follows:
Becton, Dickinson and Company
1 Becton Drive
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey 07417-1880
Attention: Privacy Officer for the Americas
Additional options for California Residents Only:
Toll Free Phone Number: (800) 490-2177